10 Ways to involve your children in their personal health reform…LIVE HEALTHY by education and responsibility.
1. Make your personal health reform one of your priorities-your kids will follow.
2. Educate about healthy lifestyles: no smoking, alcohol in moderation, adequate physical activity, healthy eating, no drugs.
3. Prepare your child for visits to the doctor by explaining to them what is going to happen and why.
4. Involve your child in your household’s meal planning by having them organize a balanced meal.
5. Take your child to the grocery store and encourage them to pick out healthy choices.
6. Include your child with meal preparation.
7. Help your child recognize hunger and full cues by having them be hungry at the table and realize when they are full.
9. Teach your child that their health actions have responsibilities in adulthood.
10. Answer their questions about health as accurately as possible…and when in doubt ask a health professional.