BONJOUR! Hopefully you are reading these lines because you are interested, intrigued or involved in eating and health issues. Perhaps you know the French culture or have an idea of French cultural stereotypes? Or just the title of this post pushed you to double-click and see what was written. Whatever the reason, Bienvenue! Welcome! There are at least 17 Frenchy Ways to Eat for Pleasure and at least 17 Frenchy Ways to Eat for Good Health! Alors, this is part 2 of a series on “Frenchy Ways to Eat for Pleasure and Good Health.” If you are a regular visitor to this website than you know that I live in SouthWest France, I am a registered dietitian, I love food, I like a relaxing lifestyle with some exercise and less mental stress. I have 4 young kids and my dad had a really bad stroke; his stroke being the main reason I started this blog. I want to reach out to anyone who will listen “Hey you!” on how you CAN change your eating plan to be more satisfying and healthy. How you can adopt some Frenchy and European lifestyle choices to keep some these changes throughout the rest of your life. How? No deprivation, no guilt, and just pleasure eating and living. Sounds unrealistic? No, it isn’t and without further talk, here are my personal 17 Frenchy Ways that you can adapt your lifestyle for better health and more pleasurable eating and living. Double click on each way to see the full article.
- Regular Meals at Regular Times
- Eating Close to the Earth as Possible
- Taking it Slowly, Except When Driving
- The Aperitif! oh yes, THE APERITIF!
- Doing 3 Courses, not Just on Sundays
- Luving Good Protein and Fat to Keep Stomach Full and Blood Sugar Stable
- Walks, Runs, Dogs (!), Bikes, Swims, Hikes, You Get the Picture
- Presentation is Everything-Everywhere
- The TASTE of food! Do I Need to Say More?
- Being Demanding , Like the Frenchys
- Knowing Cooking Basics
- Wine, more Wine, and even More Wine (in Moderation )
- Lighter , Later Dinner
- Finishing Every Meal With Style
- Water is like Wine , Don’t you Know That? :)
- Finally, Less is More!
Alright, what am I missing? This seems like a long list-yet, maybe something has been forgotten and may need to be added later. Tell me what it is. So, let’s call this an “interactive list-ways” of how the Frenchys live. The ways are a bit ambiguous now, but come back because each way will have an explanation, description, funny stories of living in France, research statistics, comments from you, maybe some recipes, some cookbooks I use and would recommend. Until then, I will finish with a quote from Julia Child, “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.” LOVE IT! Bon Appetit!