Is Your Body Suffering From Too Much Holiday Fun?
A holiday is the perfect occasion to over indulge, over eat, over drink and just over do it.
How do you feel after a big holiday celebration? Slight headache, slow and sluggish, unsettled stomach and bigger in the waist line?
The French have an expression they use for holiday overindulgence,
“J’ai une crise de foie!” (I have a liver crises!)
A liver crises sounds dramatic, but actually the liver is the main organ that cleans and detox the body from overeating rich foods and drinking alcohol. The French swear that they can feel their livers suffering after the holidays. Perhaps they are right.
Holiday Natural Cleansing Diet: Three Steps to detox your body and feel back to normal
Your body is a well-designed machine. With a good cleanse and ‘detox your body’ plan you can feel back to normal within 48 hours.
Step One Cleanse: Hydration
Sufficient Hydration is a major step to flushing out the toxins in your body after a holiday binge
- Start your day by drinking a large mug of hot water with lemon.
- Fill up a water bottle with lemon water and take it out with you on your (see step two).
- Continue to fill up the water bottle with lemon water and drink from it throughout the day.
Step Two Cleanse: Exercise
Getting a jolt of blood and muscle flow with help eliminate the toxins in your body
- Pick your favorite form of exercise and get out there and move for at least 45 minutes. You will need work at your hardest. Push your body to its maximum. Feel the sweat, feel your heart beating.
- Drink lemon water before, during and after your exercise cleanse.
Step Three Cleanse: Nutrition
Eating fresh, raw and light foods post holiday will keep your body cleansed
- Eat light, fresh and natural foods for the next 24-48 hours.
- Not hungry for breakfast? Wait until you are hungry to eat. Drink hot lemon water until you feel hungry.Your body will tell you what to do, listen to it.
- Eat lightly and slowly. Stop when you are full.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables without restriction.
- Avoid processed foods, fried foods, rich foods with sauces.
- Avoid alcohol, but if you are a tea or coffee drinker, allow yourself to have one cup during the usually time you drink it.
- Along with lemon water, drink herbal teas that help with detox your body.
Those are my three simple and natural ways to detox your body the days after a big holiday celebration.
Do you have a special food, method or drink that you use to recover from the day after body blues? Please share it with us.
Or did you reach the end and want to know more? You can subscribe to BrightonYourHealth Monthly Newsletter and receive updated articles in your inbox. By joining you can download your 13 page E-report on “How To Eat Like The French Without the Food Snob Attitude.” Your email will always remain private.
Have a happy and healthy festive season,