You could say that Julia Child has the right mood for food. Her vision that brought French cooking to America, her joie de vivre with everything French continues to be celebrated even today, more than fifty years after she published her first cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
Tchin Tchin to Julia and Bon Appétit!
To toast to moving into 2015 I share with you eight Julia Child’s most famous quotes, designed to wet your appetite, celebrate the New Year with food and move into January with a taste for cooking, wine, fresh food, and flavor.
Let me wish all of you a Happy New Year and a healthy and happy 2015.
Eight Julia Child Quotes To Celebrate the New Year
1. Life itself is the proper binge.
And on New Year’s Eve let’s celebrate life even more!
2. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Champagne doesn’t come under the moderation category. The French open lots of champagne on New Year’s Eve, will you do the same?
3. I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I’m cooking.
I love this ‘rule’ and you?
4. You can have some butter, you can have some olive oil. It all comes down to moderation, variety, exercise and use your head.
Great advice for a healthy joie de vivre.
5. Fat gives things flavor.
Taste is enhanced with a bit of fat. My mantra for flavor, for food, for taste.
Is there such a thing as diet food? Not on New Year’s Eve.
7. If you are afraid of butter, use cream.
Don’t be afraid of fat, rich ingredients, experimenting, substituting. Just dive in and cook.
8. Dining with one’s friends and beloved family is certainly one of life’s most primal and innocent delights, one that is both soul-satisfying and eternal.
There is nothing to add to this one. Primal desire is to share a table with family and friends. Not in moderation. In excess!
Happy New Year from BrightonYourHealth!
Here is a toast to you that 2015 is your best year yet.
Best to you and yours,
Article edited from a previous article published on BrightonYourHealth.