My 10 fast and easy ways to release stress..I forgot about using these..and guess what? I have been feeling “on edge” these past couple weeks. I know that mental health is connected to physical health. And things have been CRAZY lately…I mean like really crazy..along with rain, kids complaining, not sleeping enough. I think I haven’t been using my fast and easy stress releasers! I better get going!
Everyone has their secret ways that they use to calm down…Here is my list, can I hear some of yours?
Dancing, Exercise, Music, Humor, Talking, Meditation, Wine, Nature, Sun, Sound
1. DANCING I’m sitting here watching some super cool dance videos on the tube. You know what? If someone walked in my house and dragged me out dancing…you can guarantee I would be a new person in the morning. But even just throwing on some music in the house and start to move is fun! My kids love to do this too.
2. EXERCISE Give me a major 1 hour workout..to good music of course…! Drinking lots of water along the way…again- I feel like a new person. Don’t belong to a gym? That doesn’t matter, just get on the sneakers and just major powerwalk or major moving for as LONG as you can!
3. MUSIC Music is SOOOOO underrated. Give me good music that fits my mood…That is therapy. Sit down, deep breaths….and listen to beauty.
4. HUMOR My laugh favorite? Seinfeld episodes on DVD… Sometimes it just takes watching a half hour of Jerry and again..I feel like a new person!
5. TALKING Things get really bad? Nothing like a good friend that listens, I pick up the phone and call someone who I know will listen…They will appreciate it too because we all need to feel needed as a friend.
6. MEDITATION I am not the crazy meditation type..but Yoga, Pilates, staring at the moon…or a hot night like tonight , looking at the stars..Find meditation techniques that work for you and use them.
7. WINE? Ok…or a Gin and Tonic…or a Baileys, or even a Perrier with a twist of lemon or a Coca Cola. I am not dependant on alcohol, but sometimes just to sip and savor and nice tasting beverage is what the doctor ordered, in moderation of course.
8. NATURE Moon, Stars, Sun, Plants, Garden, Trees, Green…Nature…very understated. Very important…and usually right outside the window.
9. SUN..I know, got to watch how much we get…but, I admit, when it is sunny, I try to feel that beautiful hot feeling on my face. Does a world of good and adds Vitamin D to your system!
10. SOUND OK, the biggest secret here in the 10 stress relievers…I adore to sleep with a fan..with white noise. And I know there are many of you out there that also adore noise. Give me the sound of the ocean, my fan, my music, my kids talking…ahh…I feel better already.
So, any of you have any secret stress relievers?